The Exotic Kinetic linear fusion rifle, Arbalest, is the first of its kind in Destiny 2. Not only are linear fusions usually reserved for the Heavy slot, but fusion rifles always dealt elemental damage. This new Exotic breaks all those limitations for fusion rifles. You can earn it from The Revelry, a spring holiday event which runs from now until May 7. After that, the Arbalest will be added to the Exotic loot pool as a random drop.
Here’s a rundown of the perks for Arbalest and what you’ll need to do to unlock it.
Arbalest’s intrinsic perk is Compounding Force. This causes Arbalest to fire physical slugs instead of energy bolts. These slugs deal high damage to enemy shields — a perk usually reserved for elemental weapons.
Arbalest also comes with the Disruption Break perk, which increases Kinetic damage against enemies after breaking their shields. In most cases, Disruption Break is useful for switching weapons to whatever your Kinetic is after popping a shield. In Arbalest’s case, it actually buffs its own damage after taking down a shield.
How to unlock Arbalest
For The Revelry event, Eva Levante is selling Arbalest for 300 Reveler’s Essence. But Eva won’t sell it to you until you earn the Party Hard Triumph. For Party Hard, you’ll need to complete seven of 10 event triumphs:
- Spring Cleaning: Clear 50 Verdant Forest branches
- Verdant Light: Competitive: Generate 200 Orbs of Light in Gambit or Crucible
- Verdant Light: Cooperative: Generate 200 Orbs of Light in Strikes or raids
- Verdant Light: Events: Generate 200 Orbs of Light in the Verdant Forest or any Black Armory forge
- Spring Hunt: Defeat at least three bosses in a single run of the Verdant Forest
- Budding Fashion: Defeat 20 bosses while wearing at least four pieces of Revelry armor
- Super Celebratory: Defeat 150 enemies with Supers
- Fireworks!: Get 100 grenade kills in Crucible, Gambit, and Strikes
- Melee Mayhem: Get 100 melee kills in Crucible, Gambit, and Strikes
- A Bountiful Spring: Complete 50 daily and weekly bounties for Eva
Complete seven Triumphs and you’ll earn Party Hard. This will unlock the ability to purchase Arbalest. Completing all ten will unlock Party Harder, which earns you an exclusive emblem.
You’ll also need to collect 300 Reveler’s Essence. The fastest way to collect Essence seems to be running the Verdant Forest and collecting chests along the way. Bounties from Eva also grant Essence when you complete them.
Arbalest is a grind, and we’ve yet to get ours. We’ll update this guide with impressions and quick triumph strategies once we have it.