612 Games and Golem Entertainment have today announced that Skulls of the Shogun: Bone-A-Fide Edition, previously released on other platforms, is now heading to Nintendo Switch this spring.
Described as a “samurai-inspired turn-based strategy game”, this game has players entering the Samurai Afterlife and joining forces with Ghost-Samurai warriors, magical animal monks, and moustachioed Samurai Generals, all in hopes of capturing the Skulls of the Shogun.
The game is set in Feudal Japan, with players taking on the role of the recently deceased General Akamoto, Japan’s mightiest Samurai General, and controlling his army of soldiers. Five orders can be carried out with each turn, and there are said to be plenty of tactical approaches to choose from, like killing units, bolstering minions by eating skulls, and haunting rice fields and buildings.
Here’s a list of game features for you to check out:
– A fast-paced, arcade-inspired blend of arcade action and turn-based strategy!
– Rub shoulders with the colorful denizens of the Afterlife and power up your army to deadly demons!
– Rampage through 24 levels in an epic single-player campaign!
– Confound opponents with the all-new Tanuki Monk unit!
– Gain experience and fuse emblems with an all-new player progression system!
– Battle up to 4 players at once on spectacular multiplayer maps, both locally and online!
– Power your way through an all-new episode, which features persistent troops and the mischievous new Tanuki Monk!
– Get inside our heads with all-new Developer Commentary!
No release date has been revealed just yet, but we’d hope that the mention of “spring” means it shouldn’t be too long until we can try it out.
Do you like what you see here? Have you played this one on other platforms? Let us know your thoughts down below.